Rispondi Pagina 3 di 3
Vai a Precedente  1, 2, 3
Keep the private messages or loose them?
Keep the private messages or loose them

Keep them 55% 55% ( 44 )
Loose them 45% 45% ( 36 )

Voti Totali : 80
Autore Messaggio
Messaggio Lose em 
i say lose them until the bug is fixed properly and fix the whisper box....................i keep losing mine !!!!

Messaggio  
Ok Admin these PM's are really starting to ruin the fun in chat for not just the normal girls but even us.
Last night I decided to get it on in chat with my man and we got 7 PM's right off the bat..

Are we fixing this or getting rid of the PM's?

Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Messaggio The poll should read "lose them or lose them", rea 
Lose the PM feature.

Trolls get a lot of stick for "abusing" the PM feature.... but what do you expect? The mods are expected to police a system where the rule is "Yeah there's a Private Message feature but please don't actually use it"??? To call it nonsensical is being too generous. It's too much work for the mods, too confusing for the average perv, and a potential mine of drama. It's really pissing off the average user. If you've so many people you want to PM all the time, get their yahoo or msn or whatever, where there's a well-designed system that works for that sort of thing.

Messaggio Why do people PM anyway??? 
as a general rule of thumb, i'd have thought that if someone hasnt given you their msn/yahoo addy, they probably don't want you to PM them - Of course some people want to chat and perv with new people they don't know so well - but its only common sense to start that off with either a whisper or chat in the open room - after all, when youre out, you start with a little friendly chat - you dont drag them to the alley via the condom machine!

Messaggio Re: The poll should read "lose them or lose them", 
Hairs ha scritto:
The mods are expected to police a system where the rule is "Yeah there's a Private Message feature but please don't actually use it"???

The rule isn't that you're not supposed to use it, but don't abuse it. We're waiting to see if the chatroom provider can fix this function (hopefully that happens this week, I'm leaning on Admin for a firm answer myself). We're quite caught in the middle here, to be frank - there are plenty of users who want the feature, it has proven to be useful. Individual users SHOULD have the power to block the PMs if they don't like them, and right now that system is broken. So, for right now, we're asking that users show good judgment. Don't send a PM to a user unless you know that they want to accept a PM. And if you don't know, ask in public.

jamieuk ha scritto:
as a general rule of thumb, i'd have thought that if someone hasnt given you their msn/yahoo addy, they probably don't want you to PM them - Of course some people want to chat and perv with new people they don't know so well - but its only common sense to start that off with either a whisper or chat in the open room - after all, when youre out, you start with a little friendly chat - you dont drag them to the alley via the condom machine!

Agreed! Something to keep this in mind - 99% of the reason that people come to a public chatroom is because they actually want to chat in public. If they wanted to chat in private, they would go to places where the majority of chatting is in private. Another reason a lot of people are not open to private chat with a person they don't know is because there are many people who will abuse the privacy and attempt to pressure and bully others in private. Private conversations are not a right, but a privilege, and if you want to earn that privilege to privately chat with somebody, you earn that through participating in the public chatroom and showing that you're somebody who is worth giving that trust to.

As far as "trolls get a lot of stick", I really don't think they do. There are only a few users that come along and really act like trolls. The majority of users simply do not know any better. One of the things that I try to do as a moderator is to help people understand the nuances of the chatroom. Sad to say, the majority of new visitors to the chatroom are coming from places where there is no common courtesy, no etiquette or anything else taught, and rude and bullish behavior runs rampant. They're only behaving the way that they learned to behave from others. And, most of the time, we can teach others how to conform to our standards simply by treating others that the way we want to be treated, and to lead by example.

Messaggio  
Just lose em, they are causing such a head pain for all around , user box goes poof after getting one peeps not listening to Mod's to don't PM? if whispers are still there great but one lil thing is making it a bad time for all in chat. Mod's posting please dont PM all the time while in rooms taking away from some of there enjoyment, peeps asking please don't pm me, peeps user box's going poof. Was told tonight a person had sooooooooooooooo many PM's coming to them that they could not keep up curser locked up could not be moved and had to leave yuvutu everytime to be able to chat in room? why? to me vote say's get ride of em .........be gone with em .

Messaggio  
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh also this person had PM's turned off so they could decline ................................ Not good not good at all lose em .

Messaggio  
Spare a thought for those of us who cannot add people to MSN or Yahoo, because we're sneaking in here! (Yeah, I do mean me! lol) PM's are our only alternative for a bit of privacy. I know they are a pain in the neck for a lot of people, and I do sympathise. The only answer I can see is that somehow we can only send and receive PMs from people on our friends list. Is that possible? They drive me crazy sometimes, but they really have been useful too.

Messaggio  
PolarBear, this poll is referring to the PM's in the chat room...not the Private Messages in yuvutu or the IM feature in Who's Online...so you're safe...mwah

Messaggio  
I wondering if this bloody PMs feature was created only to test the nerves of women in chat! :?

Messaggio  
GLORYHOLE14 ha scritto:
I wondering if this bloody PMs feature was created only to test the nerves of women in chat! Confused

and the couples , lol Confused

Messaggio  
yeap, sadistic buggers

Messaggio pm's 
keep chat pm just allow individuals to filter it

Messaggio keep them 
But offer option to opt out!

Mostra prima i messaggi di:
Rispondi Pagina 3 di 3