Rispondi Pagina 1 di 1
Too busy to comment? Or... what?
Autore Messaggio
Messaggio Too busy to comment? Or... what? 
My wife and I have been on this site in one form or other for quite a few years now and I hate to say it but things have definitely changed since we first started posting.

Back in the day most videos after a few thousand views would have over a dozen comments posted, not to mention some very well considered emailed opinions. Now however, granted with a few exceptions, similar vids will be lucky to have one or two one-line responses.

Perhaps it's because there are so many vids posted nowadays, anyone can blast off thirty seconds of grainy, jerky video with their phone and upload it in no time at all. The sheer volume of clips make it hard to notice the gems. Maybe it's more difficult for a person to convey their thoughts with a hand-held device instead of a proper keyboard at the desk of not-so-long-ago. Or maybe it's today's all-to-common sense of entitlement, take whatever you can with no thought given to how or who created it.

Call us egotists if you will, but everyone who posts a video here is doing it mainly for the comments of those who watch it. Considering how much effort it takes to shoot, edit, and upload a project versus the few minutes involved in letting the poster know what you thought of it, well, it seems like a pretty good deal for the person watching everything for free.

It would be a shame though if one day all we have to choose from here are the no-effort grainy, jerky clips because it's no longer worth taking the time to attempt to make a good movie just to have it seem to disappear into the void with absolutely no recognition or feedback.

JMHO,

surelike2

Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Messaggio  
Please, take in consideration that Yuvutu has had some technical problems with their video servers for the 4 last days, and all this content (at least 250 videos) has been released the same day (monday). That means less views and comments on videos than on a "normal" day.
You have certainly posted your videos during this period, in my opinion. Wink

Messaggio  
I think that yuvutu has been a vctim of it's own success, in as much that the sheer volume of videos uploaded each day means that viewers do not have time to consider a comment before they move on to the next video.

I also think that the latest video cameras and the quality of the models in the "proffessional" amateur videos mean that Real Amateur content such as yours gets overlooked or disregarded as inferior.

The other great shame is that all the anonymous haters always seem to have time to comment.

Messaggio why not try using the chat rooms? 
If you have time, try clicking the 'Chat' button on the main menu bar. There are a lot of good people in the chatr ooms that leave great comments for one another.

Messaggio Re: why not try using the chat rooms? 
bordercrossing ha scritto:
If you have time, try clicking the 'Chat' button on the main menu bar. There are a lot of good people in the chatr ooms that leave great comments for one another.

bordercrossing is right - The best way to have some comments is: to join the chatrooms - and You may receive some Virtuals GIFTS as well.

Messaggio Re: why not try using the chat rooms? 
bordercrossing ha scritto:

The chat rooms are a big disappointment, even most of the moderators suck, and they do not have a clue on what their figure is.

Some of them go there and talk about food all day. lol

I have subscribed this site mostly to access the chat rooms, if it was today I wouldn't.

Never the less I will for sure start to leave a few comments on the videos, because they are definitely interesting.

Regards,

Pedro

Messaggio  
Nice to know we are appreciated :)

Messaggio replies 
I love to write comments on videos, unfortunately there are so many videos that I can't comment on all. Sure there are some grainy videos, I think I am guilty of it myself, but even they deserve a comment. Yuvutu will always be a great place to post and view videos. I do think more comments should be made but I also believe it only takes a couple of comments or one sentence to make you feel proud of the video you posted.

Mostra prima i messaggi di:
Rispondi Pagina 1 di 1