Rispondi Pagina 1 di 1
Presence in multiple rooms
Autore Messaggio
Messaggio Presence in multiple rooms 
I have noticed, with help, that I maintain a presence in any room I have open and tabbed. This implies that users can still chat to me and I will not know and may appear ignorant by not replying. Without a cross room/server message/whisper facility this cannot be resolved. Does anyone know of a way that something can be done to make a user maintain a presence in a single room only?

Thanks
Adg

Messaggio  
Simply close the room tab at the top of the chat window.

Alternatively, when you go to another room, exit the room first before entering another room. That way you will always only be in one room at a time.

Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Messaggio DER YEA 
but I thought the idea of tabs was to quicly move from room to room not have a presence in every room?

Messaggio  
admin ha scritto:
Simply close the room tab at the top of the chat window.

Alternatively, when you go to another room, exit the room first before entering another room. That way you will always only be in one room at a time.

Thanks admin.. but I doubt very much that users will follow this advice.
Maybe a system for automatically closing the room1 when you move to the room2 or 3 etc?
The rooms are full of inactive users.. that is not representative of the real frequentation of a room for us.. and your frequentation statistics of each community (italian,french,spanish,german ..) will be probably distorted.

Messaggio Totally Agree 
Thanks for that Glory, I totally agree with you, having redundant presences in a number of rooms will just clog the system and cause fustration especially if the room totals are nearing their max

Messaggio  
in the days past (old yuvu) if you didnt speak for a certain time

you was automatically booted from that room ...

maybe admin could look into bringing that back ???

Messaggio  
truday ha scritto:
in the days past (old yuvu) if you didnt speak for a certain time

you was automatically booted from that room ...

maybe admin could look into bringing that back ???

I remember correctly the old chat system..the problem was we had some women and couples were playing on cams, too busy to type something ..and during their shows, they were automatically kicked out after a period of inactivity.. not good Wink

Messaggio Re: 
whats all the hoohar about?, isn't it up to the chatter to KNOW where they are?

Just like you're not going to forget you're in one room why should you forget if you log in to more than that?
All you have to do is look at the tabs......

Messaggio  
hehhehheh@hoohar

Messaggio  
Not really an importance to me.
I simply reported several complaints from french chat/forum about these multi presences, I suppose that for people who have never left the english rooms ..it can seem like a " hoohar".
But I didn't mention the SE in my first post in this thread.
When I see 30/40 users on an away status in french,spanish,italian,german rooms...and only 5 available users. I am agree with them... it's frustrating.

Messaggio  
Having read all your comments I still tend to think that as you move from tab to tab your presence should move with you and not remain behind inactive. It is easy to say it is the responsibility of the user to ensure he/she has only one presence but if that is truly the case why have tabs? what use do they serve if we are to close them every time we leave a room?

I'm sorry but I havent heard an argument yet to convince me I am wrong!

Thank you for your agreement in this GloryFr, it is appreciated.

Adg

Messaggio  
adgjl ha scritto:
Having read all your comments I still tend to think that as you move from tab to tab your presence should move with you and not remain behind inactive. It is easy to say it is the responsibility of the user to ensure he/she has only one presence but if that is truly the case why have tabs? what use do they serve if we are to close them every time we leave a room?

I'm sorry but I havent heard an argument yet to convince me I am wrong!

Thank you for your agreement in this GloryFr, it is appreciated.

Adg

You haven't found an argument yet to convince you you're wrong because you're not. It is a major nuisance to have a presence in each room you've visited. Because, as you stated, I would find it completely annoying to be trying to talk to someone I thought was in the room, who wasn't actually there. And like you, I would not want people to think I'm ignoring them when I don't reply "because I'm not actually in the room to begin with." lol

Messaggio mmmmm 
Two mods in on this now, how long before something is done *smiles*

Thanks peeps

xx

Messaggio Re: ? 
I don't see that anything should be done, yes it's annoying if you are in more than one room and someone talks to you but like I said earlier, logout of one - problem sorted.

BTW, you have 4 mods, one ex mod and admin replying, way to go!!

Messaggio  
If you want to move from one room to the next, and not be in multiple rooms, use the "Exit" button in the top right corner of the chat. You will be taken to a page with a listing of all the rooms.

The tab feature is for people who wish to be in multiple rooms at once.

Mostra prima i messaggi di:
Rispondi Pagina 1 di 1