Rispondi Pagina 1 di 1
Headset
Autore Messaggio
Messaggio Headset 
Not sure if anyone can help me with this but thought I'd ask anyway! I want to connect my usb headset to my computer so i can talk and hear chat. My headset has two wires (microphone and speakers) which go into a connector which plugs into my usb socket. I can change settings in chat so that when i talk it goes through my microphone but i cannot for the life of me work out how i can get sound to go through my headphones rather than my normal speakers.

Does anyone have any ideas?!!!

Thank you

Messaggio  
cant you just connect to the two wires directly to the headphones and mic slots on your computer rather than going thru the usb port?

Messaggio  
not really as they at the back of my computer.

i have a speaker port at the front and tried to connect the headphones through that but sound still came out of my speakers.

Messaggio  
You will most likely need to go into the settings for your sound cards and configure it to disable the main speaker when you have your headset plugged in through the USB dongle.

Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Messaggio  
seems to me that the only obvious solution is to buy yourself a brand new laptop!! hope that helps

Messaggio  
Here's the easiest method:
Go to control panel, open up Sounds and Audio Devices, click on the Audio tab, use the drop down menu to select the Headset or Laptop Sound card for Sound Playback, then do the same for Sound Recording. Click Apply then OK. Should be all that you need to do.

Messaggio  
just turn your computer round so the sockets at the back are now facing forward.........simple. (budget computing a speciality!)

Messaggio  
ROFL~! +1

Messaggio Re: Headset 
Keyser ha scritto:
Not sure if anyone can help me with this but thought I'd ask anyway! I want to connect my usb headset to my computer so i can talk and hear chat. My headset has two wires (microphone and speakers) which go into a connector which plugs into my usb socket. I can change settings in chat so that when i talk it goes through my microphone but i cannot for the life of me work out how i can get sound to go through my headphones rather than my normal speakers.

Does anyone have any ideas?!!!

Thank you
Keys the answer is simple......buy yourself a new computer.....its time you upgrade from Windows 98 Very Happy

Mostra prima i messaggi di:
Rispondi Pagina 1 di 1