Rispondi Pagina 1 di 1
Moderators Need to be Moderated Sometimes
Autore Messaggio
Messaggio Moderators Need to be Moderated Sometimes 
There are some moderators that seem to use the power for their own good, not the good of the chatters. I wish there were steps in place to moderate the moderators. The "Ignore" button doesn't always work, so if a chatter complains about someone stalking them, a Mod should step in and do something other than blaim the one being stalked. (And I don't appreciate the room being told that I am just an "attenton seeker" Anyone that KNOWS me would have never said that. Perhaps some Mods should keep their opinions to themselves when they dont know who or what they are talking about! Mad )

Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Messaggio  
Ok I have my popcorn ready..

Messaggio  
Cyn....

What happened today was totally okay!!!!! You didn't need to say what you said about the one that was IM ing you, you shuld have waited and looked what happend instead.... The user that was "stalking" you was kicked out from the room and you did really say some bad things that dosen't need to be repeted in here about that user.... That's why you was muted for 2 minutes by one of us mods....

Please....... You guys have to be a bit more patient when we mods are addressing a "problem"..... it's dosen't work at 100 % yet but it's getting there... Hope this will clear the thing out for you Cyn...

All the best Exy

Messaggio I´m sooo tired .. 
hmmm… Cyns, do me favour and calm down! I was in the room when the incident you’re referring to took place. The moderator did the best they could to help you. Its hardly the mods fault when the ‘ignore’ button doesn’t work, and we all know that the IMs, PMs and whispers are causing problems, and admin is working to fix that. But – The user giving you abuse WAS kicked out of the room, and the mod did go through all the rooms in chat to make sure they had left. But then when you start you’re bitching, that’s not the right way to behave, so yes, you did deserve to be muted. As for the ‘Moderators need to be moderated’ – well, Im getting fed up of all the crap about mods, oh, wait “The Red People” shit. You have done here now exactly what you are accusing the mod of doing – shooting your mouth off before asking questions. Sometimes you need to stop and listen, because the moderator told you all this. I’m not posting this because I am a mod, I’m posting just to let you know that the mod tried to give you a helping hand, but you had to spit on it – and that’s your fault!

Without you
Messaggio  
First of all, yes, there are moderators who watch the moderators here. First of all, if one moderator sees another moderator acting out of line, that moderator can be pulled aside and the issue can be discussed. We all moderate each other and none of the moderators are exempt from this. Further, if you feel you have an issue with a particular moderator, you can go to another moderator and discuss this. If you don't think you can get anywhere with any of the moderators, you're perfectly free to use the "Feedback" link at the top of every web page, and report the issue directly to Admin, who will look into the situation.

As for your situation, unfortunately I wasn't there to see it, but I've seen no less than four reports regarding the incident today, and based on that information, I would agree that it was handled correctly. I understand that a user was harassing you in PMs/whispers, and you're completely justified in complaining about it. HOWEVER, just like users are not allowed to abuse you, you too are not allowed to abuse other users. We don't work on a system of "an eye for an eye" here. If a user abuses another user, they are punished, period, and it doesn't matter who started it, what matters is what we see going on when we have to step in and handle it. We're not going to waste time sorting out bickerfests or he-said/she-said debates. We are all grown adults here, and we do expect every user to display a level of maturity that comes with adulthood when it comes to resolving issues.

To quote Will Smith from Independence Day, "Don't start none, won't be none." It is impossible for us to defend you when you turn around and participate in the same actions that we have to punish other users for. If you wanted to curse out that user for what they did, you're perfectly free to leave them a Private Message through the tab at the top of the screen (wow, that should really be re-named to something else now I think, but that's another issue). But, quite honestly, the better answer would have been to just hold your tongue and let a Moderator handle the issue.

Mostra prima i messaggi di:
Rispondi Pagina 1 di 1