Rispondi Pagina 1 di 1
My 2 cents for shooting home movies.
Autore Messaggio
Messaggio My 2 cents for shooting home movies. 
Here's some of the secrets....well not really secrets but seems few use them on yuvutu.

1. Shoot tons of video, our videos are only 1-9 minutes but they are cut from 30 to 90 minutes of recording. So I have lots of video to cut away and end up with video that is worth using. You know, so I can use only the footage that is complimentary to the lovely wife ;) Kristina always says she can't beleive its her in the video.... Which seems like she approves of how it looks.......or maybe it's just shock/denial.... Ha ha!

-Always record 5-10 seconds before and especially after you decide to pause or stop recording. People need to see 3 to 5 seconds of video to fully take in and register the image they are seeing. If you make all your shots long enough you leave them long enough on each end of the shot to work with.

2. Tripod. Most of our videos are shot from a tripod. Another thing I sometimes do is record with 2 cameras. So I have a steady, framed shot to always go to when I mess with the other camera. So my hand held video really looks hand held most of the time lol! But I usually try to support myself on a solid surface like a wall across the bed or even sitting on the floor with elbows on the floor or my knees. So with lots of video I cut away the shakey stuff. One trick is to use a bag of beans (or something similar) on any surface, chair, table, dresser or whatever and place the camera on it. That way it's stable and you can aim it. Make for some creative shots too.

3. Use tons of light! Affordable cameras like ours and everyone else on yuvutu have one common weakness. They don't work well without a lot of light. I bought some cheap clamp lights with the silver domes and use nice bright/matching compact flouresant bulbs, get 3 or 4 of them, like I said they're cheap. They don't get fire hot like regular bulbs or flood lights, which makes them easy to move and more comfortable to have on while the fun plays out.

4. It's been said many times before, but it bears repeating. Avoid music and TV playing while shooting. Most agree the sounds of the people having fun is better and more often than not makes the video extra hot and keeps the viewer engaged.

There are no rules for home videos really, but if you can, try to get a begining, middle, and end of a video. For these parts try to record a wide shot, medium shot and close up for each. Also goes for each subject or action you shoot. Then you can cut or transition from shot to shot and have lots to choose from.

all the best
-infid3l

Messaggio  
All great suggestions, thanks for the advice.

Profilo Invia messaggio privato
Messaggio  
1. IF you are shooting a person's face, always keep their eyes about 1/3 from the top of the screen. This allows enough room over the top of their head to look natural. Don't center their face on the screen.
2. Avoid "stutter zooms". Ones where u zoom a little, then stop for just a moment, then zoom in or back a little, etc.
3. Cheapest lights is the work lights from home repair centers, although the LED ones are expensive.
4. Sound! VERY VERY important. If you have a camera that has a mic input, buy a wireless lavalier mic and tape it on the headboard. Then you won't have the problem of hearing loud sound from the camera operator and sound that is "too far away" when model is speaking.....uhhh.. making sounds.

Messaggio  
If anyone wants a 'pro' job doing then i would love to video some people in the UK. Video is my job, just not this kind of video! so i certainly know what i am doing

Mostra prima i messaggi di:
Rispondi Pagina 1 di 1